Finding a creative writer who has a solid ability to grasp technical content is, perhaps, unusual. That's me. I have a particular skill in being able to understand complex information and then present it in an understandable manner. Childhood development, Christian apologetics, and charity work feature prominently in my history and personal passions. However most of my formal qualifications and professional experience in business mean I am particularly suited to writing for the business and finance world. That said, it's always interesting to tread into areas that I'm less familiar with.
- Masters in Applied Taxation
- Post Graduate Diploma Professional Accounting (ICAA)
- Bachelor of Business (Major in Professional Accounting with sub majors in Business Law and Economics)
- Bachelor of Communications (Major in Mass Communications with specialisations in Writing, History and Advertising)
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Certificate in Advanced Reparative Parenting (caring for children who have experienced trauma and/or abuse).
- Certificate in Biblical Analysis of Economics
- Over 20 years experience in public practice, primarily as a Business Services Manager (Chartered Accountant)
- Over 10 years working as a Senior Tax Reviewer for individual tax returns prepared through online services during tax season
- Specialised in assessing complex tax situations
- 1 year as CFO of a large corporation
- 15 yrs as Treasurer on the board of various charities
- Operated an events based weekend bookstore for several years
- 1 year experience working in counselling
- Several years ghost writing for magazines, technical articles & more
- Writing regular blogs for an International Tax Specialist firm since 2019
- Running R&R Tax Services/ R&R Writing Services as a side business since 2008, fulltime business since 2018
- Wife, Mum, Foster Mum, and StepMum.